Tank and Our Team Work
Our dog team consists of Tank, his handler, and an agricultural biologist.
During a typical inspection, Tank's handler will direct him through hundreds of packages. Tank uses his powerful nose to sniff each package. Once he detects the scent of an agricultural product, Tank will alert our handler by scratching on the package.
When Tank alerts on a package, the assisting biologist takes the parcel off the belt and will inspect the contents to determine if it is allowed into California. All agricultural material shipped into California must comply with quarantine regulations, labeling regulations, and must be free of invasive species of insects, plant diseases, and weeds.
- California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Reporting Pest/Insect Problems
- U.C. Master Gardeners Online
- South County Perchlorate Cleanup Info
- Department of Pesticide Regulation
- Structural Pest Control Board
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- U.C. Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Santa Clara County Farm Bureau
- California Farm Bureau
- Cornell Vegetable MD Online - Vegetable disease identification
- U.C. Fruit and Nut Research Information Center
- Tree Selection Guide
- United States Department of Agriculture